Sunday, May 13, 2012

A few recs from me in the spirit of my youngest sister

I got to spend some time with one of my sisters this weekend. She is awesome...a breath of fresh air, truly unique and free spirited. So I'm going to recommend a few things that I think she'd totally endorse.

I recommend Modcloth.com. It's a great site with a variety of vintage designs. Most of them are reasonable and they have every size from very small or extended sizes. There are some cute things if you like the throwback style.

Dishes that don't match? Want to build a totally cute collection? Try Anthropologie. I have some plates from them and just love them. Most come from various countries around the world and are dishwasher safe *bonus*.

Wines from New Zealand. Kim Crawford are reasonably priced and good. Easy to find. But a stop to World Market while they have their white wine sale might also give you what you need to try a few new ones.

For the truly eclectic...try Etsy. I can't even tell you how many great things I've found on Etsy. I have bought my holiday cards from the last few years but I've also asked many different designers to create something for me, like book plates. Never disappointed. Micro-commerce...supporting small businesses...good thing!

We just did a book club with book and a movie...Read "Abundance" by Sena Jeter Naslund and watch Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette." Awesome soundtrack, compelling story and a great watch and read.

Just a few things...enjoy!


No comments: