Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day I Recommends

Flowers: I think it's good to find your go-to local greenery, nursery and garden center. If you are at a loss however, I recommend Proflowers.com. They have never let me down and if you sign up for email then you'll get some coupons email.

Starbucks has a new compilation CD called "Every Mother Counts." Supports a nonprofit started by Christy Turlington. Check it out. http://www.starbucks.com/blog/every-mother-counts.

Just discovered the YA series done by Kathy Reichs ("Bones") called "Virals" set in Charleston. A quick and interesting science lead with a strong female character. Loving it. My mother has just discovered YA books so you might want to share a few favs with your mom.

I saw "Dark Shadows." I didn't know much about the original series but the film had me chuckling. A lot. It's witty and interesting and purposefully cheesy. There are some definite over the top scenes (those last fight scenes are a little much) but you just have to LOVE Johnny Depp. The writing is snappy and Depp's dialogue is great. My mom happens to really like Johnny Depp although I'm thinking that perhaps a double viewing of the original and the remake of "Freaky Friday" might also be fun!

My mom likes sweet wine. There is a Moscato d'Asti that I received as a gift in nice blue bottle. You might want to open one with your mom. Slainte!

No comments: