Monday, January 07, 2013

College Football Season Reflections

As the college football season comes to an end, this Michigan fan has a few thoughts. As you know, Michigan started the season playing a SEC team and ended playing a SEC team so I've learned a few things. There is seriously no training like playing a SEC team. If you play them near the beginning, you might even learn something that will help you down the road. Yes they really are that big...and talented. They are also relentless no matter how far ahead they are. I also learned that I really don't like the Alabama Million Dollar Band - it is just downright irritating when you are losing. I have also never seen so many "pretty" outfits in differing shades of red and in the case of Bama, more elephant clothing worn by adults than by toddlers across the nation. I live in a SEC town where a Gamecock crows throughout downtown three times a day. I can't even explain that. But I think Clowney proved that I don't really have to. While I am sure there were many ND fans making fun of the spanking that Alabama gave Michigan over Labor Day, it's pretty hard to be on that losing side. Honestly, I didn't think ND would come close -I just didn't see their season as being tough enough to prepare them but I'll often root for an underdog and I really wanted to see a good game. The championship game like most of the other bigger bowl games were fairly well disappointing this year. Mostly I'm a little sad because I love football Saturdays. So here's to next year, when we will once again don our favorite school's colors, root for some good games, better refereeing, no injuries, and fun with friends and family. Until then, the hockey lockout is over, Michigan's basketball team looking great (so is BU Hockey), here comes March madness and baseball's opening day.

No comments: