Sunday, October 15, 2006

Day One--Why and Some Suggestions

This is an introduction to my blog. I've decided that instead of the billions of bookmarks that I have on my various computers, that this might be a place to make a deposit of these items along with all kinds of other random things I happen to discover~from information to my favorite reads and on...

So today's favorite read is..."The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. If you have not read it, do so. I know it is a large book but filled with a story that transcends time and space. The words are lyrical and if you are so inclined, I highly recommend the audio version as well. It's a mighty long listen but so worth it...you won't be able to stop once you get started. The reading is done by two different people and other than a mispronounciation of Ann Sather's (Chicagoans know we hail the cinnamon rolls) Restaurant, it is a definite must listen.

Young readers go and find your copy of "Make Way For Ducklings" by the fantastic (now deceased) children's writer Robert McCloskey. Take an adventure with those Boston Common ducks and you'll remember why you love this story so much.

Song? Give a listen to David Gray's "As I'm Leaving." It's haunting.

Finally, ice cream: Anglophile alert! Haagen-Dazs has a limited edition of Sticky Toffee Pudding. Anyone else LOVE that Marks & Spencers dessert as much as I do? The ice cream helps bring back those memories!

No comments: