Sunday, October 29, 2006

Gratitude

Gratitude Vintage Clothing
(214) 522-2921
3714 Fairmount St
Dallas, TX 75219

I'd just like to plug my new friends at Gratitude Vintage Clothing. This little house on the corner of Fairmont, off of Oak Lawn in the Oak Lawn neighborhood of Dallas is a treasure. Every corner is jam packed with beautiful vintage clothing and accessories as well as other treasures that will make for a wonderful day for any person needing a costume for a show or holiday or just a little vintage spice to the every day blah. The first thing I noticed was a pair of vintage red sequened heels that were to die for...if only my foot were that small. Hats line the upper walls and clothing is jammed into every possible rack and hook. I met the owners who are very nice guys who gave kudos to the Oak Lawn library (one has a library science degree & they are members of the Oak Lawn Friends) and one of them gave me a great deal on a vintage raw silk robe and sash for a costume. I would have loved to spend hours in their with the dresses and gloves and jewerly but alas, I will have to return when my time and budget aren't so limited. I give them 5 stars for their awesome customer service--not only did they listen to what I needed, they also listened to me talk about the library and underserved populations. What gentlemen! So think about throwing some kind of costume or theme party or just go find something to heighten your style and go visit my new friends at Gratitude Vintage.

1 comment:

Frog*A*Lily said...

Sounds like you had fun!!!! Maybe I'll check them out whenever my friends can go w/ me!!!!

Soooooo your admiring fans want more details this place sounds like fun :)

Later,
Frog*A*Lily (Carly)